Pinterest Optimization Tips – B2B
Continuing with the theme of B2B social media optimization let’s take a look at optimization and recent trends of one of the latest social traffic driving phenomena in the B2B world – Pinterest.
Recent news declaring Pinterest beating Yahoo organic traffic and being the 4th largest traffic driver worldwide there is no doubt Pinterest is a unique tool that cannot be dismissed easily. Today, Pinterest expanded its offering with “Secret Boards for the Holidaysâ giving the ability to create secret boards only visible to yourself and invited family, friends or followers to participate in pinning with you. In the B2B tech world, this would mean the ability to use boards (whether they be new projects, new website designs, new creative, new newsletter layout etc) and secretly test them with employees, certain groups or selected followers.
Of course, just like any other online marketing option which is available for you to use for completely free, the Pinterest is one of the more popular ways to achieve success. As mentioned, it is becoming popular by each day, nowadays it becomes far more popular than the Yahoo. This tool is not to be underestimated, we have some really good and high hopes for the Pinterest future. In order to be successful with Pinterest, you must know every little secret there is to it. You just simply have to understand how this tool works if you want to achieve something.
Connecting your other social network accounts with Pinterest directly is very useful because it can improve your overall traffic because you will have people from all types of different platforms coming in to check out your Pinterest account. The tip that you can see below is very useful and we strongly recommend that you use that pin it button because you will have much more success. Also leaving a short note on your other social media accounts such as “Check out us out on Pinterest” will push your luck even further and in no time, you will have a large number of followers.
This is a nice feature but what about optimizing your public Pinterest boards that you already have? Let’s take a look at six quick win tips below:
- Images you pin will hopefully be displayed in Google search results so image optimization is a quick win. Make sure the filename consists of keywords you are targeting related to the image (i.e.” Best-Practices-B2B-Tech-Marketing.png”).
- You can upload your YouTube videos to pins; make sure these videos are already optimized – Help on how to do that can be found with this post on B2B YouTube optimization.
- Place a “pin it button” on your site content or a “Follow us on Pinterest here” CTA with your other social network information.
- Make sure your profile is fully filled out with some targeted keywords based on your industry. For some tips on how to determine these keywords take a look at this post.
- Boards: Think of how your audience will search for your brand presence and mirror these keywords when setting up new boards (but remember, Pinterest is creative!)
- Pins: Include strong descriptions, hashtags, and make use of the 500-character limit