According to the Content Marketing Institute, content marketing remains a focus for tech B2B marketers in 2013. Effective content marketing engages a skeptical technology audience without pitching or selling. In addition, content marketing delivers information over the course of long sales cycle to help the audience understand and evaluate a product or a service.
The research finds the top three tech B2B tactics are social media, articles on websites, and eNewsletters. Within social media, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube round out the top four sites used.
If you read the report, you’ll find numerous tips for creating engaging marketing content, such as these:
- Speak the language of your target audience.
- Don’t forget to spend time on the headline of the content to grab the attention of readers.
- Create different types of content, including case studies, videos, blog posts, infographics, white papers, and newsletters.
- Plan to create enough content to feed all the social media outlets you intend to participate in.
- Build relevance on social media by actively engaging thought leaders in the industry.
- Keep your material fresh and succinct — get to the point to keep your audience engaged.
If you need some advice on tech B2B content marketing, don’t hesitate to give us a shout here at McBru. We have some case studies we can share with you.