Mirror by Romolo Stanco of nonesiste design lab
What makes an agency right for your business?
What makes you a client your agency can be successful for?
The answers to both questions come down to one thing: alignment.
Four Questions Tech Marketers Should Ask Agencies
It’s easy for you as a tech B2B marketer to narrow down your list of prospective agencies by asking and answering a few key questions:
- Does the firm have a track record in tech B2B?
- Does the firm have expertise in the marketing discipline you need help with?
- Does the firm have a track record of proven success, backed by solid metrics?
- Does the firm’s cost structure align with the budget resources you have available?
Four Questions Tech Marketers Should Ask Themselves
Once you have winnowed the field and arrived at a small number of qualified agencies, it’s time to look for alignment. The best place to start is by looking in the mirror.
For example, ask yourself:
- Are you an agile, fast-moving marketing organization or slower and more methodical?
- Is your corporate culture conservative or forward thinking?
- Do you believe in “fail fast” or are you risk averse?
- Do you prefer to detail strategies and tactics and instruct your agency on execution, or do you look to your agency for strategic guidance and counsel in addition to execution?
Focusing solely on the first group of questions can set a relationship up for failure. Taking time to really think through the behaviors and core values that work best for your organization—then seeking those same values in your agency—can make all the difference in your agency’s performance and your final satisfaction with the effort and return.
Alignment of Passion and Imagination
At McBru, we seek to align our passion and imagination with the passion and imagination of our clients. We love technology.
For us, the ideal clients:
- Don’t settle for average work
- Take risks
- Are relentless about improving programs and results
- Will listen to “no,” when accompanied by a thoughtful explanation
- Push us to do our best, and want us to push back in equal measure
- Think doing great work we can all be proud of is really fun.
That’s what we see when we look in the mirror.
What do you see?